Since late February, more than 300 universities in North America have been battling it out in Blizzard Entertainment’s premier collegiate esports tournament – Heroes of the Dorm – for a chance to win the grand prize: tuition for the rest of their collegiate careers. Now, after months of intense competition, four universities are all one step closer to becoming Heroes of the Dorm champions and will be joining fans for the Heroic Four at the Blizzard Arena - Los Angeles on May 12.
Only one team will be crowned champions and only one team’s players will take home the grand prize of college tuition. Here are your Heroic Four:
- Université Laval - #2 Seed
- Rouge et Au is the first Canadian team to ever qualify for the Heroic Four. As the #2 seed, they’ve been a powerhouse through the Regular Season, and have had dominating performances against some of the top teams in the tournament. They’re looking to take it all, and won’t stop until they reach the top.
- University of Kentucky - #3 Seed
- This year, everyone has their eyes on the #3 seed Kentucky Scratch 'em, with a large number of brackets predicting them to make it to the Heroic Four. Last year, the world refused to give them much of a chance - and now it’s time for Kentucky to stand up and make their mark.
- Cal Poly Pomona - #5 Seed
- California Polytechnic State University has competed in Heroes of the Dorm since the tournament's beginning. CPP has never made it to the Heroic four, but are excited to make a splash at the live finals. Five of the members have played on the same team since Freshman year, where they found themselves in the same Dorm building looking to compete in esports tournaments. When the first year of HotD was announced, they formed a team but fell short. Now in their senior year’s, CPP is looking for the win.
- University at Buffalo - #8 Seed
- Team ImprobaBull Victory has been anything but. Taking down the unstoppable UCI Dream Eaters in Round of 8 play. They formed through open signups and have come together with the intent to take home the grand prize. They are the underdogs going into the Heroic Four but show promise of being a strong dark horse.
The Heroic Four begins on May 12 at 1 p.m. PT and will be casted by Albert “Halorin” Hailey, Paul “Inverum” Todkill, Bron “The Source” Mitchell, Jaycie “Gillyweed” Gluck and Derek “Dunktrain” Arabian, and hosted by Anna Prosser Robinson. You can watch the action live on Twitch or attend the matches in person at the Blizzard Arena in Burbank, California.
- Laval (2) vs. Kentucky (3)
- CPP (5) vs. Buffalo (8)
- [TBD] vs. [TBD]
In addition, you can join in the fun by making your predictions for the Heroic Four for a chance to win Heroes of the Storm in-game lootboxes. Visit the Heroes of the Dorm website next week to make your picks!
To learn more about the teams and Heroes of the Dorm, please visit the Heroes of the Dorm website.